Interested in ProStart®? It’s a great way to launch your culinary career. With hours of hands-on training you will gain invaluable experience at the same time.
ProStart® is a special program for YOU!
How you can get involved:
- Learn about the art of cooking and managing a restaurant from trained professionals and valuable classroom instruction.
- Earn college credit while you’re in high school.
- Make money! The ProStart® program offers paid internships at qualified locations with professionals in your area.
- Earn scholarships for college through ORA, ProStart®, and the National Restaurant Association.
- The opportunity to earn the National ProStart® Certificate of Achievement
- Put your skills to work! Compete in the Student Competition and win the chance to go to the National ProStart® competition!
Apply for scholarships. We have money to give and we want to give it to you!
- Talk with your teacher or counselor. Ask them if they have a ProStart® program in place. No program at your school? Talk with us about getting your school involved.
- Talk with your teacher about getting employed and get connected with a mentor to help you put your skills to use.
- Pass the level 1 and 2 tests, complete a 400 hour work experience, and earn your Certificate of Achievement
Odyssey de Culinaire ProStart Student Application
Odyssey de Culinaire is a fundraising dinner to benefit the Oklahoma Hospitality Foundation. The event, which is open to the public, features two elegant evenings of dining - one in Oklahoma City and one in Tulsa. These benefit dinners have a unique spin that creates collaboration among chefs from Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Each group treats the other city to an incredible five-course meal. The chefs are assisted in their meal preparation by high school students who are currently active in ProStart® schools in Oklahoma. Funds raised from the event are used to provide support to students, teachers and schools who are part of Student Programs, including teacher training and development, materials and resources for student recruitment, assistance with job placement for internships, and graduate employment and industry-driven events for hospitality students.
ProStart® students are chosen for this event based on involvement in the program and recommendation from teachers. Apply to be considered for participation. THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JUNE 1, 2017.
You must be available on the date of the event and must be able to be there for prep work the full day.
Odyssey de Culinaire will take place on:
7/20/17 - Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center
7/27/17 - Skirvin Hilton Hotel, OKC
Click here to apply
ORA Culinary Cook-off ProStart Student Application
The Oklahoma Restaurant Association is now accepting applications for Student Culinary Assistants for the 2017 Culinary Cook-off
- Wednesday, August 30, and
- Thursday, August 31
The Culinary Cook-off is a cooking competition that takes place during the Oklahoma Restaurant Convention & Expo
. Twelve of the most talented Oklahoma chefs, each paired with a student Culinary Assistant, will race the clock to create dazzling dishes using a mystery basket of ingredients. Chefs compete in various heats until the contest is narrowed down to the last two chefs. Judges consist of a panel of industry professionals who will critique each chef/assistant team on plate presentation, creativity, product taste, and sanitation practices, among
other things. Up for grabs are trophies, medals, and cash prizes.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be available for the entirety of BOTH August 30 AND August 31
- Must apply by August 1, 2017